Continuing Medical Education programs are essential to every physician’s continued success. In 2008, Aultman Hospital Medical Education received a six-year accreditation and exemplary compliance from the Ohio State Medical Association (OSMA).
Category 1 CME programs are offered by the various hospital departments:
- Medical Education Grand Rounds are offered at La Pizzeria on the fourth Tuesday evening of every other month, starting in January. This activity is also offered earlier at noon on Tuesday at Aultman Hospital.
- The Cancer Center sponsors:
- An annual cancer conference every September.
- A review and interpretation of the annual San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium in January/February.
- The Perinatal Department sponsors:
- Transport conferences that are taken to area hospitals such as Alliance Community, Aultman Orrville, Pomerene and Union.
- A one-day symposium every fall.
- A number of regularly scheduled conferences are available:
- Morbidity & Mortality Conferences are held on the first Wednesday of each month.
- Multidisciplinary Breast Tumor Conference I is held on the second, fourth and fifth Friday morning of every month.
- Multidisciplinary Thoracic Tumor Conference is held on the first and third Wednesday morning of every month.
- Multidisciplinary Breast Tumor Conference II is held on the first and third Thursday afternoon of every month.
- Multidisciplinary Tumor Board Conference is held every Friday morning.